Winners Announced at 27th Annual CATAAlliance Innovation Awards Gala
May 31, 2012Join the CATA Social Network on...
May 31, 2012
Canadian Innovation Award Winners Recognized at 27th Annual CATAAlliance Innovation Awards Gala: celebrating excellence in Canada’s technology sector
Ottawa, May 31, 2012
- The winners of the CATAAlliance
27th Annual Innovation Awards were announced Wednesday night at a sold-out Gala Dinner featuring Vivek Kundra, a global thought leader and the architect of the Obama Administration's Cloud First policy. The inspiring keynote address calling for cloud technology efficiency and innovation in Canada complemented the evening’s lively panel discussion and a line-up of worthy award recipients. The Awards Gala demonstrated the strength of Canada’s growing technology sector and its place in the global market.
Photo credit: Kate Voltan and Ruth Steinberg, (www.expressionsphotography.com)
Front row (l-r): Mark Lambert, Accenture (on behalf of Kim Anderson); Christian Couturier, Government of New Brunswick; Heidi Hauver, Pythian; Krystal Souza, Cogent Industrial Technologies Ltd.; Jean-François Codère, Les Affaires, Valerie Fox, Ryerson Digital Media Zone.
Back row (l-r): Harpreet Dhillon, City of Calgary; Ken Harbottle, Forming Technologies Inc.; Dan Leibu, Kobo, Inc.; Mike Morrow, EmerGeo; Vito Pilieci, The Ottawa Citizen; Kurtis McBride, Miovision Technologies; Jean-Michel Arès, BMO Financial Group; Jennifer Camelon, QNX Software Systems (on behalf of Sebastien Marineau-Mes).
"As the voice of Canada’s advanced technology sector, CATA is honoured to share the success stories of our 2012 award winners and finalists. They have each shown that they are world-class innovators and industry leaders,” says John Reid. “Their success as commercially viable enterprises illustrates the importance that Canada must place on commercialization to ensure the growth of Canadian start-ups."
Awards winners were presented with awards in the following areas:
- Telfer School of Management Award for Private Sector Leadership in Advanced Technology:
Sebastien Marineau-Mes, Senior Vice President of Engineering, QNX Software Systems
- CATAAlliance Award for Public Sector Leadership in Advanced Technology:
Christian Couturier, CIO, Government of New Brunswick
- Ernst and Young CIO Leadership Award:
Jean-Michel Arès, Group Head, Technology and Operations, BMO Financial Group
- Canadian Women in Technology Sara Kirke Award for Entrepreneurship and Innovation:
Valerie Fox, Executive Director, Ryerson Digital Media Zone
- Intel SME Innovation Award:
Forming Technologies Inc.
- Peter Brojde Award for Canada's Next Generation Executive Leadership:
Kurtis McBride, CEO and Co-founder, Miovision Technologies
- ICTC Information Technology HR Strategic Leadership Award:
- CATAAlliance Award for Outstanding Product Achievement (ICT, Health, Clean Tech):
- Celestica Award for Technology Commercialization:
- Alcatel-Lucent Emerging Technology Award:
Cogent Industrial Technologies Ltd.
- CAMSC Innovation through Diversity Award:
Kim Anderson, North America Procurement Lead, Accenture
- Motorola Award for Public Safety Technology:
- Ericsson Award for Outstanding Product Achievement (Content and Application Mobility Industry):
- High Road Communications' Prix de l'innovation pour l'Excellence dans le journalisme scientifique et technique medias du Quebec :
Jean-François Codère, Les Affaires
- High Road Communications' Excellence in Science and Technology Reporting Award:
Vito Pilieci, The Ottawa Citizen
- CATAAlliance Cloud Computing Innovation Award:
City of Calgary
This year's Gala theme focused on "Building an Intelligent Nation: i-CANADA." Bill Hutchison
, CATA Director & Chair of i-CANADA, and Rob White
, Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions, IBM joined Mr. Kundra for a keynote panel discussion where they provided additional insight into the importance of accelerating social enterprise, and creating intelligent communities where jobs grow, the environment is sustainable, and life is stimulated by the arts, media and a vibrant society.
For over two decades, the CATAAlliance
Innovation Awards Gala has been celebrating the best in Canadian advanced technology from coast to coast.
Emily Boucher email@example.com