CanWIT, a Division of CATAAlliance, is a Canadian volunteer organization founded in 2005 that strives to attract, develop, and retain women within Canada’s advanced technology sector. CanWIT, through its partnerships with organizations such as Springboard Enterprises and i-CANADA, offers the premier platform for entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts to support and help grow women-led businesses.
CanWIT also provides knowledge and support through various programs that include its: eMentorship initiatives, Regional Chapter and National networking events, professional development, and advocacy efforts. CanWIT offers both national and local Chapter events to promote networking and education among women in Canada’s technology sector.
CanWIT, a Division of CATAAlliance, is led by a CanWIT Advisory Council that provides guidance to the CanWIT CEO and Executive Operations Team. The Call for Nominations to the Advisory Council takes place every two years.
Being a member of CanWIT provides:
- Mentorship: eMentorship program access, mentorship now available through both regional, national, and North American mentoring workshops/networking events, also now supplemented by high level Guidance & Mentorship Teleforums through its affiliation with CATAAlliance. CanWIT members now receive complimentary access to all exclusive CATA teleforums.
- Group Benefit Plan: for Women-led SMEs can now receive Small Business Insurance through CATAAlliance.
- Career Advancement: with CATAAlliance’s full National Job Board, CATA Talent Connect (coming in August) CanWIT sponsors will be highlighted and members will now have additional access to new employment opportunities across the country.
- Educational and networking opportunities: educational and networking opportunities through Regional Chapter, National, and Partner/Sponsor events.
- Active Advocacy: CanWIT continues to be engaged in advancing Innovation Nation Advocacy for women in technology through CATAAlliance’s varying advocacy initiatives. Current advocacy initiatives aligning with support for women in technology include: Crowdfunding for Start-ups, Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED), Cloud Computing, Shared Services, and Public Safety Technology.
- Education & Research: CanWIT members now receive complimentary access to all of CATAAlliance’s extensive Research Repository which is valued up to $2,000, and opportunities to participate in industry research projects and special surveys.
- Social Media: significant outreach expansion as part of expanding awareness through LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Award Recognition: Awards Program recognizing the contributions of women leaders, including the following awards: Sara Kirke Award for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals.
- Access to like-minded, leading organizations: CanWIT members will now have the opportunity to leverage partnerships with Springboard Enterprises, i-CANADA, and others to access larger networks, support, and discounted rates for events/programs.
- Access to enabling programs: CanWIT members will now have access to enabling programs that leverage initiatives and resources that support the growth of advanced technology enterprises and innovation leadership. Please view the Intel/CATA Small Business Showcase for more information: http://cata.ca/Media_and_Events/Press_Releases/cata_pr07041201.html
To obtain these benefits with an individual or company membership to CanWIT please visit: